Event: The Lake School Of Celtic Music Song And Dance
Where: Koroit, Vic.
When: Monday 2nd – Saturday 7th 2017
The Lake School features tuition in Celtic music, instruments, singing and dancing for all age groups, as well as sessions and concerts.
Lovers of Celtic Music are invited down to the town of Koroit during the first week of January for a celebration of all things Celtic.
Enjoy the summer weather and the good times outside Micky Bourkes Hotel during this summers’ 18th Lake School of Celtic Music.
Learn to play Irish Music! Learn Irish dance steps and Celtic songs!
- Learn from tutors – outstanding musicians, singers and dancers from Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Geelong, Ballarat and Warrnambool!
- Learn to play Irish flute, fiddle, tin whistle, uilleann pipes, bodhrán (Irish drum), guitar, banjo, harp and songwriting.
- Play in a ceilidhe band. Join a hot young Celtic band!
- Play, session and sing with hundreds of musicians from all around Australia.
Have a wonderful family holiday in an Irish Village in Victoria’s Celtic southwest that is just a hop step and a jump from Australia’s famous Great Ocean Road, and the home of Australia’s internationally famous Port Fairy Folk Festival! Wonderful nights sessioning and singing one hundred strong in the warm summer air outside Micky Bourke’s Hotel!
For the very best in Irish and Celtic music atmosphere other wise known as the craic! For contacts with the best players, musicians, sean nos styles, for contacts with other other celtic musicians and the most amazing energetic and toe tapping Irish and Celtic bands, soloists, duos and trios! Come to the Lake School in Koroit!
Join the Legends of the Lake and Legends of Irish music:
- Paddy Fitzgerald on the accordion,
- Cath Blakeon the fiddle,
- vocalists Maria Forde and Vince Brophy,
- Peter Daffy on ukelele,
- Tommy Carty in the session and
- Vince Brophy’s remarkable class of songwriters!
Come to Koroit for the Lake School! For a truly amazing experience for the whole family – Kids Program, Youth Program, Art Shed, workshop and slow sessions of all kinds for the young, the old, beginners, advanced and all in between.